Culture NL has been discussing a Flexible Retirement policy with us over the last few months and we have now completed our discussions. As this policy changes your current terms and conditions, we have written to all members in CNL to ballot you on your acceptance of the policy – UNISON’s recommendation is to accept this policy.
The below letter, a copy of the policy, a ballot paper, and a prepaid envelope has been sent to you all. As detailed below, please make the effort to take part in this ballot process. The copy letter follows below:-
CULTURE NL – FLEXIBLE RETIREMENT POLICY
I am writing to you regarding the above new policy that Culture NL intend to introduce.
As this policy affects your terms and conditions at work I have attached a ballot paper giving you the opportunity to accept or reject the proposed policy, although UNISON North Lanarkshire recommend that you accept this policy.
We have taken this position for the following reasons:-
· UNISON believes that every employer should have a Flexible Retirement policy.
· The policy will benefit both our members who wish to access it, and the company.
· A gradual step into retirement allows our members to adjust to retired life.
· Culture NL get to benefit from the knowledge and experience of our members for at least some of the working week
· There is no detriment to any of our members if this policy is adopted.
The ballot will run for 3 weeks from 13 July 2015 till 12pm on 3 August 2015. Please place your cross in the relevant box on the enclosed ballot paper and return it in the prepaid envelope provided.
Please make every effort to take part in this ballot – regardless of whether you wish to accept or reject the policy.