Update from LAST WEEK’S NJNC meeting
1.The FE Employers, having been notified of the UNISON Ballot outcome, came to the table with nothing new. They repeated their final offer of £230/£400.
2. The Support Staff Unions indicated their collective REJECTION of this and our simple request for the same 2016 settlement of £450 as achieved by EIS.
3. We outlined forcibly and clearly the case for this in terms of : affordability; fairness and equity; rewards and motivation of Support Staff who were delivering quality service with higher productivity.
4. We exposed the lack of sense and fairness in an offer of three types(£££ 230/400/450 ) to a single workforce of 10,719FTE staff.
5. The Employers Association meets on Monday 5 September and the Management Side of NJNC agreed to take back the union case to see whether or not a fresh mandate would be possible on the Management Side.
6. The UNISON FE Sector meets on Thursday 1 September.
7. THERE WILL BE AN OFFICIAL ANNOUNCEMENT REGARDING INDUSTRIAL ACTION EARLY THIS WEEK.
8. GMB AND UNITE ARE IN SUPPORT. All Support Unions and EIS demonstrated today outside the meeting in favour of a £450 settlement for ALL Support Staff.